Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rice Bowl Changes

Hey guys, 

We haven't had a meeting in a long time but I have been working really hard on the concert and I have some great news and some not so great news.

I'll give you the kind of bad news first.  WE NEED TO HAVE THE CONCERT IN THE AUDITORIUM.  For the technical aspects of the show it just is not possible to have a high quality show at the budget we have.  I have lined up a professional lighting designer (works mostly in film but also does stage) and he came and saw both the SAC and the stage and told me flat out there is nothing we can do in the SAC without a multi thousand dollar budget.  If we did it on the stage we could have an amazing show.

I know what you are going to say.  We want to sell food.  So I propose this.  Between each of the three bands we have a 15 minute intermission where we can sell food.  Also if it is in the auditorium it would be much easier to sell tickets for $10 a piece.

The real bad news is that the stage is not available on April 24th but how about we postpone the event by one week and do the thing on the stage.  

I have a lot of other news about this event but I'll share the whole deal at our next meeting.

-Colin

No comments: